Sean Allen, M.B.A., M.S. Finance, Ph.D.
Vice President of Consulting, Western Region
Allen is a senior level management consultant and executive coach who is highly experienced in strategy consultation, organization development, assessment,
and executive services. He is passionate about partnering closely with senior leaders to achieve strategic priorities and drive business results that
have a measurable impact on the bottom line. Sean has managed large scale client engagements, project execution teams and vendor relationships to deliver
client solutions while working closely with Fortune 500 executives. In addition, Sean has led and delivered consulting solutions across the globe,
including Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Canada, and the US.
With MDA Leadership, Sean connects clients in the Western region with MDA services in integrated talent solutions, talent assessment, leadership development,
and CEO/board consultancy.
- Over 20 years of experience spanning leadership, consultant, coaching and sales roles for public and private organizations (primarily focused on Fortune
- Well-versed in leading complex, global and large scale consulting engagements, while managing cross-functional project execution teams, to deliver
- Managed and developed assessment business in targeted geographies, providing strategic direction at the executive level to achieve company-wide growth
objectives, increased market share, and greater profitability.
- Led research, statistical analysis, coaching and assessment design functions.
- Leveraged expertise to support clients in varied industries (insurance, real estate, utilities, non-profit, pharmaceuticals, financial services, retail,
banking, technology and healthcare).
- Considerable executive coaching experience with senior leaders, C-suite executives and high potential talent.
- Implemented several new services/products leading to increased profitability and competitive advantages.
- Appointed regional champion for coaching, leadership assessment and organization assessment services.
- Appointed to North American leadership role for development and deployment of assessment technology platform.
- Restructured a Fortune e-50 client sales force leading to a 30 percent productivity increase.
- Reduced employee turnover by an average of 40 percent for client organizations.
- Designed a global sales selection system resulting in a 50 percent increase in sales volume.
- Reduced nurse turnover for a client by 75 percent, leading to a $1M turnover cost saving in the first year.
- Ph.D., Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Clinical Psychology (National Science Foundation Fellow), Indiana University
M.S., Finance (Beta Gamma Sigma), Indiana University
- M.B.A., Business Administration, Indiana University
- B.A., Psychology, California State University, Northridge
- Qualified to administer and interpret various assessment instruments including Hogan Assessments, MBTI, HBDI, Watson-Glaser, Occupational Personality
- Member of American Psychological Association, Black Board of Directors Project, Society for Human Resource Management and the Society for Industrial
and Organizational Psychology
Sean enjoys spending time with his wonderful wife and daughter. He is also an avid golfer, where he commonly tests his skills in tournaments. Sean is an
animal lover, where he has volunteered his time to help exotic animals…even lions and tigers! Over the years, he has also enjoyed competing
with his family dogs in conformation shows and working rings.
Phone: +1 602.206.2688